Re: Sample Configuration

From: <prowler_gr_at_yahoo.gr>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2024 02:52:06 +0000 (UTC)

I stand corrected Eric.

The latest version (0.7.0.0) of the 66-suite which you wrote & helped build for antiX, and is what is used on the other Debian based 'init-diversity' spins I posted in this thread, is a complete re-write & now independent of s6-rc (in contrast to the previous version which was a wrapper around s6-rc).

It is a very elegant implementation of s6, & a very popular option even outside Obarun thanks to your personal commitment & contribution on distros that you're no affiliated with such as antiX & Void.

Στις Δευτέρα 8 Απριλίου 2024 στις 11:57:32 π.μ. GMT+10, ο χρήστης eric via supervision <supervision_at_list.skarnet.org> έγραψε:

On 4/7/24 4:10 PM, prowler_gr.yahoo.gr via supervision wrote:
> 66 is a wrapper around s6-rc which brings some very good enhancements, eg declarative service frontend files (similar to systemd unit files), & neater organisation of service bundles/runlevels (called trees).
No, it's not a wrapper around s6-rc anymore. 66 is now an independent
service manager using s6 as process supervisor.