Re: Sample Configuration

From: <prowler_gr_at_yahoo.gr>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 02:40:56 +0000 (UTC)

For anybody interested on s6-rc/s6-66 on Debian based distro's I have created some unofficial spins with multiple inits which work independently from each other.

The concept is very simple, any init can be installed under a /usr/lib folder, their service files in relevant sub-folders under /etc, & finally grub is configured to recognise any available init under the /lib folders

https://archive.org/details/antix-23.1_init-diversity-edition_UNOFFICIAL_20240302
https://archive.org/details/Devuan-5.0_xfce_init-diversity-edition_amd64_UNOFFICIAL_20240319
https://archive.org/details/mx-23.2-kde-init-diversity-edition-unofficial-20240222

Technically if you try any of these respins you will find each init works independently from each other (does not try & hijack folders & files used by other inits).

This should provide a good configuration example you might be after for either s6-rc or s6-66.

Regards
ProwlerGr

Στις Κυριακή 7 Απριλίου 2024 στις 06:44:58 π.μ. GMT+10, ο χρήστης ImNotPC <imnotpc_at_rock3d.net> έγραψε:

Hey Group,

I'm building a Linux system based on musl and Busybox. I'm considering
using s6/s6-rc as an init/supervision system. I see there are good docs
on all the skanet.org programs, but I can't find an example of a working
configuration that puts them together. Is there an example available
somewhere?

Jeff