Re: Following log directories

From: Laurent Bercot <ska-supervision_at_skarnet.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2020 00:09:25 +0000

>I use lnav [1] for a similar concept and it parses TAI64N but it does not
>deal with leap seconds so my timestamps were off by like 20 seconds (or
>something similar). I had to modify the code to handle the leap seconds.

  TAI64N labels represent TAI time, which is linear; when you need a
leap second table is when you want to convert TAI labels to UTC or
local time.

  My guess is that lnav just prints the TAI time as if it were UTC,
which indeed will print a time that, in 2020, is too high by 27 seconds.
If that is the case, it's a bug that would be worth reporting to lnav.

--
  Laurent