Re: Following log directories

From: John W Higgins <wishdev_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2020 15:32:15 -0700

One thing to remember about tools like this is that s6 is very precise with
it's implemenation of TAI64N - it uses leap seconds.

I use lnav [1] for a similar concept and it parses TAI64N but it does not
deal with leap seconds so my timestamps were off by like 20 seconds (or
something similar). I had to modify the code to handle the leap seconds.

So just make sure you check that the timestamps are what you expect them to
be with non s6 tools.

John

[1] - http://lnav.org/