s6 as a systemd alternative

From: Istvan Szukacs <istvan_at_streambrightdata.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 16:02:47 +0200

Hi,

I have a crazy question about s6. Would it be possible to make systemd
compatible? This question might sound stupid at first but here is the
reasoning:

- we have services with systemd service files already
(/etc/systemd/system/*.service, etc.)
- the previous alternatives all failed to gain traction because there was
too much effort to change systems around to use them (
https://www.tecmint.com/best-linux-init-systems/) and the linux platform is
very fragmented
- there is already too much effort went into systemd that would be hard to
duplicate

Questions:

- is there anybody interested in such project?
- is this feasible to do?

Let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance,
Istvan