Re: Pattern for multiple subservices and dynamic discovery i.e. VPN

From: Laurent Bercot <ska-supervision_at_skarnet.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 11:40:58 +0000

>- we need an scanning component for the desired state of running
> instances (something like 'find /etc/openvpn -name "*conf"')
>- we need an scanning component for the current state in process list
>- we need a diffing component
>- we need a state applier component

  That sounds very much like what is planned for s6-rc v1, so I think
you will like it when it drops - but it won't be in the near future.

  However, I have some ideas for new s6 tools that wouldn't follow this
model directly but would make it easy for users to create and delete
new instance models, and add/remove instances - so your components
could be implemented over these tools by simple shell scripts. I'll
try to work on that soon.

--
  Laurent