Re: s6 in production on Ubuntu - yeah!

From: Steve Litt <slitt_at_troubleshooters.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2020 12:37:23 -0500

On Wed, 4 Nov 2020 12:01:11 +0100
Oliver Schad <oliver.schad_at_automatic-server.com> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> we're proud to announce, that we have s6 in production in context of
> platform as a service for our customers.

       * *
        \ o /
         \|/
          | C O O L
         / \ _
        / \/
       /
      -

Thank you Oliver!

Will the s6 package be available for just plain Ubuntu 16 and Ubuntu 20?

If so, when?

As soon as it's available on metal installable Ubuntu, I'll try it out.
If it works well, I'll use it for my qemu and gnome-boxes VMs. Also, an
upcoming business requirement might require me to boot to a thumb
drive. If Ubuntu with s6 works well, I'll use that on my bootable thumb
drive.

Thanks so much!

And thanks also to Laurent!

This just might be wonderful.