Re: The "Unix Philosophy 2020" document

From: Steve Litt <slitt_at_troubleshooters.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2019 16:29:13 -0500

On Fri, 27 Dec 2019 01:52:58 +0800
"Casper Ti. Vector" <caspervector_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> In addition to providing arguments suitable as stock replies to
> systemd proponents, that post also contains steps to build a small
> example system based on s6/s6-rc/slew, which updates the Ubuntu
> example in <https://skarnet.org/cgi-bin/archive.cgi?2:mss:2110>,
> and may be useful to people interested in distro packaging of slew.

What is slew? I searched it for 10 minutes, hit two acronym servers,
and based on context figuring it might be configuration management
software, looked up puppet chef ansible salt slew but got nothing but
the word "a slew of" meaning "a lot of".

Is slew software in the s6 or s6-rc stack, or is it something else?

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt
December 2019 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21