Re: s6-log can create current with 640?

From: Laurent Bercot <ska-supervision_at_skarnet.org>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2019 13:08:10 +0000

>A little bit more thought has resulted in a generic script which can
>implement any of the useless POSIX-required ``regular shell builtin''

Yeah, so it's another one of those functions that only make sense as
shell builtins but that are still also implemented as external commands.
Beats me why systems insist on having those commands, since they're
never
invoked and are an utter waste of space.

The only solution to your predicament is to make sure that the location
of execline's umask binary in your PATH appears *before* the location
of the system umask binary. Normally that's the case, since the execline
utilities are in /usr/local/bin and the system utilities are in
/usr/bin;
you should _always_ have /usr/local/bin before /usr/bin in your PATH,
because programs installed by the administrator should always override
programs installed by default by the distributor.

For some reason it's not the case in the execline script you're
invoking;
you need to make sure your supervision tree is invoked with a proper
PATH.

(Also, I'll have to write a posix-umask command in the same way as
posix-cd, but that's totally unrelated to your problem and wouldn't fix
your PATH issue.)

--
Laurent