Re: interesting claims

From: Guillermo <gdiazhartusch_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2019 17:35:00 -0300

El dom., 19 may. 2019 a las 8:24, fungal-net escribió:

> [...]
> This is Adélie adelielinux.org
> installation on HD. Although it is confusing to me how they set this up
> still, after months of following its development (beta3), there is
> sysvinit on the first steps of booting then OpenRC takes over, and then
> s6-supervisor handles everything running. It is like a fruit punch in
> my eyes.

As far as I can tell, at the moment it has a sysvinit + OpenRC setup,
plus an s6 supervision tree anchored to process #1. Unlike other
distributions, the getty processes are part of the supervision tree,
and placed there by an Adélie-specific OpenRC service in the sysinit
runlevel.

> One of the reasons I am trying to learn more about init in general and
> porting s6 to a different system is to use either Adélie or Void-musl
> and have pure s6 on them.

I believe Adélie is heading towards supporting that.

> Both s6/s6-rc and 66 pkgs are available through void's repositories but
> s6-rc has been modified and I haven't been able to get it to work.

Really? As far as I can tell, Void's s6-rc is the unmodified upstream
package, and Void's 66 is the unmodified package from Obarun's
repository.

> Void uses arch-like /bin /sbin --> /usr/bin, Adélie has more traditional
> 4 separate directories.

Yeah, that's both /usr-merge and bin-sbin merge. A whole discussion in itself.

G.