Re: How to use s6 and s6-rc together

From: Laurent Bercot <ska-supervision_at_skarnet.org>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2017 02:09:59 +0000

>If you're using down files to determine startup order, do you have a
>different filename (LittKit calls it 'reallydown") to take over the
>former functionality of the down file (to make the service down for
>awhile, through reboots)?
  There's no need for such a thing when your services are managed via
s6-rc. The machine state you want is encoded in your service database,
and your stage 2 init runs s6-rc with the correct arguments to bring
the machine state to the one you want. Through reboots, the same state
is enforced as long as the default service database doesn't change.

  I really recommend that you read the s6-rc documentation if you want to
understand how it works.

--
  Laurent