Re: A dumb question

From: Jonathan de Boyne Pollard <j.deboynepollard-newsgroups_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2017 20:40:07 +0100 (BST)

Francisco Gómez García:
> And the person who told me the "it is too old" thing used arguments
> such as "it will eventually not compile" - while I doubt a small codebase
> on plain C will stop compiling in the near future, it is indeed something
> to keep an eye on.

That person needs to learn from history. We have actually *already been
through* the "it does not compile" moment in the daemontools world. It was the
well-known errno problem; "plain C" that was not, in fact, standard-conformant
C. It was patched fairly rapidly, years ago. Moreover there are plenty of
people who have, severally and independently, brought the Bernstein libraries up
to date with respect to C1999 and C2011, including Felix von Leitner, Laurent
Bercot, and ... well ... me.

* http://jdebp.eu./Softwares/djbwares/

Francisco Gómez García:
> Good to know there's s6 as well [...]