GNU Emacs now runs in foreground

From: Jonathan de Boyne Pollard <J.deBoynePollard-newsgroups_at_NTLWorld.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2016 23:31:40 +0000

Martin "eto" Misuth:
> - rxvt-unicode - uberterminal
> - this thing can operate [...] daemon, when single process hosts all your terminals
> - benefits are [...]

Drawbacks are that it doesn't understand receiving the listening socket
as an already-open file descriptor, and by default it places the socket
in $HOME/.urxvt/ rather than in /run/user/$USER/urxvt/ .

Martin "eto" Misuth:
> - mpd - the music player daemon

This can accept listening sockets passed to it. I've added to the nosh
bundles package a service bundle for it as a system-wide instance, and
generators in the configuration import subsystem for per-user
instances. You'll see these in version 1.30.