Re: svlogd sub-directory log rotation?

From: Jameson Graef Rollins <jrollins_at_finestructure.net>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 07:19:31 -0700

On Tue, May 10 2016, Colin Booth <cathexis_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 2:39 PM, Jameson Graef Rollins <jrollins_at_finestructure.net> wrote:
>> Hi, folks. I'm wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to somehow
>> coax svlogd to rotate logs into sub-directories. So for instance, I
>> would like to have a log file that would be named:
> [...]
>> svlogd doesn't seem to have that feature, but I wonder anyone has figure
>> out a clever way to achieve something similar.
>>
> I would take a look at the svlogd processor directive. It's a little
> bit weird in that svlogd forks a process that reads the file contents
> on stdin but with a bit of experimenting it should do what you want.

Hi, Colin. I'm familiar with the processor directive and am already
using it to compress the logs at rotation. I suppose I could write a
processor that would handle writing the logs to disk, but I was hoping
to continue to rely on svlogd, which I trust more than myself. May
still be worth looking in to, though.

Thanks for the suggestion.

jamie.