Re: nosh version 1.23

From: Jonathan de Boyne Pollard <J.deBoynePollard-newsgroups_at_NTLWorld.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2016 19:19:08 +0000

Guillermo:
> It seems that the 'unload-when-stopped' and 'version' subcommands of
> system-control are not mentioned in the documentation.

They both should be. I've added the latter to the doco ready for the
next version. The former I'm wavering about. I've had a to-do item for
some time to turn that into "service-control --exit" (a.k.a. "svc -x"),
changing it to use the supervise/control API instead of the service
manager's control socket. The service manager would do the same thing.
Just the API and the control utilities would change. The problems are
(a) I haven't got around to that part of the to-do list yet and (b) the
upgrade path is a little tricky and I think would involve more than one
release.