Re: s6: compatibility with make<3.82

From: Buck Evan <buck_at_yelp.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2015 14:27:46 -0700

Avery: generally you can ./configure --prefix ~/prefices/make-4.1 && make
&& make install and you end up with a make installed to that subdirectory
which doesn't interact with your system. Put the bin of that tree (in this
example PATH=~/prefices/make-4.1/bin:$PATH) on your $PATH and you're good
to go. This is a strategy that works for all autotools projects and more
besides. It's the basis for homebrew and its ilk.