Re: Arch Linux derivative using s6?

From: bougyman <bougyman+voidlinux_at_rubyists.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 09:51:57 -0500

On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 4:30 PM, Chris Brannon <chris_at_the-brannons.com> wrote:
> Yes, I'm familiar with Alpine. It's a great distro in the minimalist
> spirit. I use it for some things locally. Maybe it is a better use of
> my time to contribute to it, rather than going off and doing my own
> thing. I still haven't completely made up my mind on that.

Chris:

Have you looked at void linux yet? I jumped ship on arch linux when
virusd infected it to
the point that it made maintaining runit-run (run-based init in the
AUR) extraordinarily difficult.
Void defaults to runit as pid1 and provides /etc/sv/<service> directories
(runit/daemontools/s6 compatible) for services. It would be a fairly
easy task to s6-ize this and
offer it as an alternate init to runit without a major overhaul of the
distribution. We're also very close
to having a fully-musl flavor similar to alpine. I would be happy to
package up s6 for void if you're interested
in this collaboration. I've only scratched the surface of execlineb
thus far and would like some assistance
converting void's /etc/runit/1 into an execlineb version.

Tj