Re: Runit script for rsyslogd

From: Alex Efros <powerman_at_powerman.name>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2014 02:21:56 +0300

Hi!

On Sun, Aug 03, 2014 at 06:03:23PM -0500, Joe M wrote:
> Just found your socklog script at
> http://powerman.name/download/Gentoo/. Do you still use it?

Yeah, I'm using socklog-klog and socklog-unix.

Actually I'm using socklog not only for these global services, but also in
all my projects - each project contain own ./service/ directory to run all
services it needs using runsvdir, and one of these is log service (other
usually FastCGI or custom HTTP server), which listen to log socket in
project's dir and write logs also in project's dir.

This is very useful because any project's app (not just services, but also
any scripts, handlers of incoming emails from ~/.qmail, cron scripts,
etc.) no matter of their programming language are able to write
syslog-compatible data into project's log socket and thus I've one
combined log for all of them, with ease filtering/rotations features.

--
			WBR, Alex.