Re: s6/s6-rc policy for Gentoo: logging settings

From: Paul Sopka <psopka_at_sopka.ch>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2024 18:33:03 +0200

>  What kind of stuff are you putting in the config file? Is it just a
> template for a logging script?
Basically every setting one can change about s6-log, since the *-log
service scripts will most likely come from the package manager, they
should not be edited by the sysadmin.

>  Source your config file in every logger run script you have, and
> leave the global environment alone. There will be no performance issue.
Since that's the case I will use a config file. Performance was my main
concern to be honest.

>  For more configurability, you could e.g. have a default logging template
> hardcoded in your run scripts, that you could override via a service-
> specific configuration file.
You mean having a config file for every service, which hosts both the
service config and the logger config? That seems like a sensible solution.

Thank you.

Paul