Skalibs on OpenBSD

From: multiplex'd <multiplexd_at_gmx.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 05:49:24 +0000

Hello all,

I've recently been trying to compile s6 and family on OpenBSD and I indirectly
came across a bug (if that's the correct term here) in skalibs. skalibs compiles
and installs without issue. However, when I compile s6, one of the programs fails
to link (I didn't pay attention to which one), with the linker complaining about
an undefined reference to arc4random_addrandom().

Long story short, after searching through the skalibs source, OpenBSD's manpages
and OpenBSD's CVS, I found that OpenBSD removed the arc4random_addrandom() and
arc4random_stir() functions in 2013.

I tried commenting out the body of random_init() in librandom (where the offending
invocation of arc4random_addrandom() occurs) and recompiling skalibs, after which
s6 would link correctly. s6 appears to be working properly with this change to
skalibs, but I don't know how it could be impacting the internals of s6 and friends.

Regards.