Re: Fwd: Why is execlineb called execlineb and not execline?

From: Laurent Bercot <ska-skaware_at_skarnet.org>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2017 12:10:46 +0000

>I see the project is called execline but then the executable is called
>execlineb, why isn't it called execline?
>
>I've read the docs and I still don't get it.

  There was an "execline" binary at some point, with a syntax that
closely
matched the syntax you'd get writing an argv directly. There were no
braces, so writing blocks was pretty horrible. So I tried another parser
with a slightly different syntax, and named it execlineb
(execline+braces).
Everybody agreed the new syntax was much better, so I eventually
deprecated the first "execline" command.

--
  Laurent