Execlineb scripts on systems with conflicting binaries

From: Remko Tronçon <remko_at_el-tramo.be>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 12:31:48 +0200

Hi,

Some of the 'built-in' binaries of execline conflict with binaries that
already exist on the system.
For example, on a system with imagemagick installed, its 'import' gets
precedence over the 'import' from execline. I know this is expected
behavior, and can call '/bin/import' in all my scripts instead of 'import'
(assuming that I know execline is installed in /bin, which I don't), but
that makes it hard to create portable scripts.

It feels like it would be expected that 'import' from execline to take
precedence over any other 'import' binary in execlineb scripts (like
builtins taking precedence in shells over binaries in the path).

Are there any thoughts on this?

thanks,
Remko