s6-supervise behaviour

From: Eric Vidal <eric_at_obarun.org>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2016 15:19:54 +0400

Hello,
First a good new here : i boot under S6 with graphical supports and hotplug with eudev (many thanks for s6-udevd :)). I would like to replace eudev by mdev but for the moment... Obviously, for the first approach, things is very ugly and i do not understand all the manner how do the stuff, but step by step...

So i have a questions about s6-supervise behaviour. Well, i have 2 tty running, i logged on X from tty1. I kill the s6-supervise pid for tty2. Well, as expected, tty2 restarts. I do the same thing for tty1, obviously the X crash :), but tty1 never restarts. Can you explain the flow for s6-supervise when a crash occurs ?

I see in your example a option which confuse me :
forbacktickx -ep

I don't find here http://skarnet.org/software/execline/forbacktickx.html the corresponding option -e, can you explain me please?

One more, if i do not make a mistake when i call from a shell s6-svscanctl -6 /dir_supervised, supervision tree will be terminated and s6-svscan will execute into the /service/.s6-svscan/finish script with the reboot argument (easy to read on your page :)). So all is ok, the system reboot as expected. But i doesn't understand where i need to call rc.tini before PID 3. I see a calling in the file /.s6-svscan/SIGINT but i doesn't understand the flow. Can you explain me?

--
Eric Vidal <eric_at_obarun.org>