[announce] 2015-01-14 release

From: Laurent Bercot <ska-skaware_at_skarnet.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 03:08:05 +0100

  Hello,

  Here's a bugfix release, with some functionality improvements.

  skalibs-2.2.0.0
  ---------------

  - Serious bugfixes in unixmessage. The bugs should not impact
deployed skarnet.org software, but ugh.
  - tai conversion functions overhaul. It's now more logical and
systematic.
  - Iterators over data structures are now properly transactional.

http://skarnet.org/software/skalibs/
git://git.skarnet.org/skalibs

  execline-2.0.1.1
  ----------------

  - Fix for the parallel build issue (make -j2 should now work and
actually build stuff in parallel).

http://skarnet.org/software/execline/
git://git.skarnet.org/execline

  s6-2.0.1.0
  ----------

  - Fix for the parallel build issue.
  - New program: s6-applyuidgid. This is a more generic version of
s6-setuidgid. It is called by some programs in the new s6-networking.
  - Better readiness notification support: s6-svwait -U now behaves as
expected if run when a daemon is up but not ready. The support is
implemented via a supervise/ready file managed by s6-supervise and
s6-notifywhenup.

http://skarnet.org/software/s6/
git://git.skarnet.org/s6

  s6-dns-2.0.0.2
  --------------

  - Fix for the parallel build issue.

http://skarnet.org/software/s6-dns/
git://git.skarnet.org/s6-dns

  s6-networking-2.0.1.0
  ---------------------

  - Fix for the parallel build issue.
  - s6-ipcclient bugfix.
  - Superservers are now more modular: the binding of the socket and the
serving of clients are now uncoupled. Binding is done via a program and
serving is done via another one, with a possible loss of privileges
in-between.
  The real reason for this is persistence of service across a change of
serving binaries.
  The marketable reason for this is "socket activation". Go go hype!
s6-networking now supports socket activation! It's so awesome! Yes!

http://skarnet.org/software/s6-networking/
git://git.skarnet.org/s6-networking

  s6-portable-utils and s6-linux-utils are immune to the parallel build
issue and haven't changed, so no release for them.

  Enjoy,
  Bug-reports always welcome.

  Now that I'm using git, I find the process of releasing tarballs
time-consuming and inconvenient. (Yes, you told me so. SCMs are
useful and practical. You were right. I should have done this sooner.)
  I'll still make numbered releases for important updates, of course,
but if you're following the latest developments, please simply pull from
the git head. I will keep it in a working state, as much as possible.

--
  Laurent