Re: s6 "really up" event hack

From: Patrick Mahoney <pat_at_polycrystal.org>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2015 16:46:59 -0600

On 2015-01-09 1:56 pm, Laurent Bercot wrote:

> You could tell s6-log to update
> a status file when it gets the "ready" line, and if you're on an OS
> with a file change notification mechanism (Linux and OpenBSD, at least,
> qualify), you can have a process spawned in the run script that waits
> for the status file change, performs the s6-ftrig-notify, then dies.

Thanks, that does seem like a better strategy. I've discovered
fswatch, which is a cross-platform file system watcher (and seems to
offer a polling-based fallback for systems lacking notifications)

   https://github.com/emcrisostomo/fswatch

(I need my run scripts portable across linux and darwin)

--
Patrick Mahoney <pat_at_polycrystal.org>