mmap MAP_ANONYMOUS

From: Vincent de RIBOU <vins_bozo_at_yahoo.fr>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 12:20:40 +0100 (BST)

Hi there, I just discovered a specific option in 'mmap' API, which is MAP_ANONYMOUS. If I read correctly, this option is useful to share a specific memory region between child and parent processes. This without any file descriptor refereneced in proc entries!! Am I right?? Is anybody already use this option?? Is it as useful at as it seems?? Any advices, restrictions?? Thanks to all.   Vincent de RIBOU région Ouest - France belzo2005-dolphin_at_yahoo.fr